Upcoming and Past
- 2018 AALEA Golf Outing on Tuesday, May 22nd at The Glen Club.
- 2016 AALEA Golf Outing on Sunday, June 12th at White Pines.
- 2016 AALEA family picnic on Sunday, July 17th, 10 am to 5 pm at Labagh Woods Grove 1.
- 2016 AALEA awards dinner on Saturday, October 22nd at TBD.
- Board & General Membership Meeting will be held on Monday September 28, 2015 at MingHin restaurant (located at 2168 S Archer Ave in Chinatown). Board meeting starts at 6pm, general meeting starts at 7pm.
- 2015 Trooper Chong Soo Lim Memorial Golf Outing on Sunday, August 30th at White Pines Golf Club & Banquets (located at 500 West Jefferson Street, Bensenville, IL 60106, USA).
- 2015 NAPOA Conference on August 17 ‐ 20 at the Harrahs Hotel, New Orleans (located at 228 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA).
- 2014 NAPOA Conference on August 18 ‐ 22 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt (located at One Market Place San Diego, California, USA).
- Our 2014 General Membership Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 4, 2014. (Stay tuned! Location TBA)
- Asian New Year.
- 2013 NAPOA Conference on July 15-19 2013 (Las Vegas, NV USA)
- 2012 NAPOA Conference on August 20-24, 2012 (Chicago, IL USA)
- 2011 NAPOA Conference on August 22-26 (San Diego, CA USA)
Asian Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Dates
December 21, 1996. Randolph Michael Eng (Harris County Texas Sheriff’s Office).While working an off duty security job at a restaurant, there was a disturbance. The officers intervened, the suspect shot both deputies. The second deputy was injured and Deputy Eng was killed.
October 17, 1999. Agent Tommy Kwok Chin (ICE) died after contracting a flesh eating disease from the illegal aliens he had custody of. He died from several infections contracted while on an isolated island off the coast of Washington State with 151 Chinese refugees. The death certificate identifies the disease as beta-hemolytic streptococcus, group A, (flesh eating bacteria).
August 17, 2000: Deputy Bang and Deputy Ralph Zylka (Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office) were killed in a helicopter accident in Dodge County, Wisconsin. The deputies were assisting in the search of a suspect wanted for murdering an off-duty police officer. While returning to the sheriff’s department, the helicopter experienced mechanical problems and crashed.
25 September 2004: Officer Andrew Barcena (El Paso PD) was shot and killed after he and his partner responded to a call involving an intoxicated man who was breaking into a home. When the suspect refused to drop his weapon, Officer Barcena fired his Taser stun gun at the armed suspect. The suspect returned fire and shot Officer Barcena twice in the thigh, severing an artery. Officer Barcena bled to death while en route to the hospital.
July 26, 2006. Officer Nick Tomasito Birco (San Francisco PD) was killed in an automobile accident while responding to assist fellow officers in a vehicle pursuit. The suspect van sped through an intersection and struck the rear panel of Officer Birco’s patrol vehicle, which crashed into a utility pole. Officer Birco was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
July 22 2010. Detective Lieutenant Liusila Brown (American Samoa Dept. of Public Safety) was shot in front of the High Court building at the conclusion of a trial that required extra security. A relative of the defendant who was convicted at the trial shot Detective Brown multiple times. He was transported to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. The suspect was arrested and charged with first degree murder.
October 25, 2010: Police Officer Abraham (Teaneck, New Jersey, P.D.) was killed in a single-vehicle crash when his patrol car collided with a utility pole, causing fatal injuries. Officer Abraham was transported to a local hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries